HE must increase, but i must decrease. john 3:30

January 20, 2010

Praying to Surrender


Along with this really cool painting, my dear friend Kate (I call her Kitten, but the reason why escapes me) left me a really encouraging note the other day. It in, she included a prayer that John Wesley wrote...

The Covenant Prayer

I am no longer my own, but Yours.
Put me to what You will, rank me with whom You will;
put me to doing, put my to suffering;
let me be employed for You or laid aside for You,
exalted for You or brought low for You;
let me be full, let me be empty;
let me have all things, let me have nothing;
I freely and heartily yield all things to Your pleasure and disposal.
You are mine, and I am Yours.
So be it. And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven. Amen.


I have been so challenged by these words the past few days, and have desperately prayed for the grace to make them my own. I want a heart that freely and fully gives everything to the Lord- that He may do with it what He wills, and that He might receive all the glory for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment