HE must increase, but i must decrease. john 3:30

December 29, 2009

It's Official...I'm a Missionary

That's right, my devoted readers, I have officially been appointed as a Missionary serving with Special Hope Network in Africa for a One-Year Term. Tonight, during a meeting of the Board of Directors, I got to share my heart and desire to continue working with Special Hope in Africa- and they unanimously agreed to bring me on the team! I feel so incredibly blessed to be serving along such godly men and women, and cannot wait to pray through and pursue this dream of ministry together in the year to come.

Now, here is the thing that concerns me about this whole arrangement- I have been appointed as a "missionary." I have to be honest with you, this word (especially when it is being used to identify me) terrifies me. I don't know what it is exactly, but it feels pretty weird to have such a label attached to my personhood.

Don't get me wrong, I have not been forced into this position in any way- it's not like the Board members pinned me down and tattooed it to my forehead or anything like that (that won't be done until the February meeting...). I have willingly accepted this position (and whatever comes with it) for this next season of my life, as I have felt led to do so by the Lord. I think it's just going to take some getting used to...

No comments:

Post a Comment