HE must increase, but i must decrease. john 3:30

August 31, 2010

PTL

So I have been praying that God would somehow allow me to have a piano. I looked in the one music store of Lusaka. I have been looking around on the Lusaka-equivalent to craigslist. I even thought of having my mom buy one in the US and bring it as a piece of luggage when she came to visit. None of those options worked out...

And then, when we were sitting at dinner one night last week, at the end of a long day of 'mommy boot camp" (what I like to call the week I had cooking and kid-watching while Holly was sick), a missionary friend texted to ask if I would mind "babysitting" her keyboard for the next year while she was doing some schooling back in the States. I literally started to cry, and said absolutely yes.

There had just been so many times that week when I thought, if I could only sit down and worship for ten minutes- I would feel so much better. There is something about singing that just refreshes me- renews my heart, refocuses my mind, and realigns my emotions. I am so thankful for this gift...isn't she a beaut?



I just finished with a long session at the keys- Madds, you will be happy to know that your teaching has not been forgotten!

3 comments:

  1. WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled about this friend. She certainly is a beaut, and I know that this will allow for some precious worship times for you personally, and leading others as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love worship! I wish i could sing with you now :)

    ReplyDelete