HE must increase, but i must decrease. john 3:30

June 17, 2010

Translation Losses/Gains

I know, I know- I wrote a post a while ago about how I wanted this blog to be really intentional and useful to its readers for their spiritual growth and intellectual stimulation. I just have to break the rules to share this with you...

We got a text message from one of our Zambian friends the other day that started-

"hello eric, please also say hello to the t wins sammie birth and hole.."

Birth?

Hole?

Seriously?

Sure, one might say that this person did indeed get a bit lost in their translation attempt here. I, however, would like to focus on the gains of this situation. Out of all the ways one could fail at their attempt of Holly and my names'- I think this is the most creative pair. Especially because they go so ridiculously and inappropriately well together. Who knows, maybe he's prophetic and God is going to use Holly and I's partnership in ministry to bring life into this world? Maybe not, but either way, I'm counting it as a very humorous gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment