HE must increase, but i must decrease. john 3:30

April 12, 2010

Fueling Flames

On this, our first morning in Connecticut, I was praying through Psalm 119. It's one of my favorite psalms to go back to when I feel I need to be drawn in closer to the Word of God. Over the past few weeks (with all the moving and shaking), I have gotten very little time beyond the morning to spend in the Word, and so I come to this psalm as a way of preparing for the weeks ahead.

I am asking, in this time He has carved out for preparation, that He would make the Word my utmost craving and delight. I pray the next two weeks be a time when the Spirit does open my eyes more fully, that I may see the wondrous things found hidden in the pages. And as the words sink more deeply into my heart, my soul, and my mind- I pray that they become a blazing fire within me (Jeremiah 20:9). I pray the flames become so that my heart is made holy and my life burned up, and so that nothing but the Lord, Himself could hold back the flames from igniting the hearts, souls, and minds of others. According to Your purposes, o Lord, may this time of preparation in the Word be like fuel added to the fire; that I may burn all the brighter and stronger for Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment