HE must increase, but i must decrease. john 3:30

October 16, 2011

Celebrating Friends

I want to introduce you to my sweet friend, Sophie and her daughter, Natasha. I have a tender spot in my heart for this family for lots of reasons...first and foremost, Sophie and I are walking on similar paths. She is only 22 years old, living as a single woman here in Zambia, and has been called to be a mother of a beautiful former-orphan. As I am sure you have guessed, we have become FAST friends. Secondly, Natasha lived in the same orphanage as Joab- and though we are not sure if they remember each other, it is still so sweet to watch them play together. Thirdly, I so admire Sophie and the way she has fought for this little girl. Her persistence (it took over a year and a half to get everything in order before Natasha could come home) so mirrors that of our Father, and I love the way she is showing that part of God to the world.

 I had the absolute privilege of hosting a shower for these lovely ladies today, and it was such fun! Most of you know that I love to cook, especially for a party, even more so if it is to celebrate a dear friend. Here are some pictures from the day...



















I love this last one of Jo and Tash- I think their favorite part was the "after party."

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love the banner Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I see that Beth Bailey chicken salad...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so wonderful! you all are doing awesome down there. and the food...omg...that looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete